How To Quit Smoking Without Gaining Weight
If you are eager to trigger off smoking cessation without gaining weight then you need to strategise your quit smoking plan. This includes practising physical exercises for at least 30 minutes to one hour on a regular basis and opting for a healthier diet regimen.
It is true that quit smoking leads to weight gain and specific details available on quit smoking and weight gain make it apparent that smokers generally gain around 5-7 pounds of body weight after getting rid of nicotine addiction. When an individual smokes cigarettes, his body metabolism increases and this helps him lose weight quickly. Then as time goes by, the effects of smoking start yielding adverse effects on his body parts such as the urinary tract, heart, eyes, lungs et al and this prompts him to stop smoking right away. Then as he quits smoking, he starts gaining weight mainly because the body metabolism slows down and one tends to eat more after quitting.
If you are scared of quit smoking weight gain then let me add it right here that there is no need to fret over it. It is definitely possible to stop smoking for good without gaining body weight and you can achieve it by adopting a systematic lifestyle plan. Edwin Fisher, the co-author of the American Lung Association's How to Quit Smoking Without Gaining Weight” reveals that people generally quit smoking by abruptly stopping to use cigarettes but research makes it apparent that a methodical approach yields more effective results.
A few tips on how to quit smoking without gaining weight are mentioned below:
- To begin with, you need to finalise a stop smoking date. Just start make daily notes, it will also help you track your quit smoking progress.
- The anti-smoking medication or nicotine replacement therapies such as nicotine gum, nicotine lozenge and nicotine patch can help you trigger off smoking cessation with ease. At the same time, incorporate aerobic exercises like walking, jogging, running or yoga in your regular schedule to avoid weight gain.
- Abstain from eating out on a frequent basis and opt for home-cooked healthy meals.
- Alongside using chantix for quit smoking, you need to take more of protein as well as fiber-rich nutritious foods and this would help you control your weight gain to a significant extent.
- Take meals in small portions and more frequently to avoid hunger cravings and boost up metabolism.
- You can opt for cognitive behavioral therapy. This particular procedure is instrumental in freeing the mind of negative thoughts. As a result it becomes possible for you to choose effective measures that help you quit smoking without weight gain.
- You can get rid of nicotine addiction by opting for healthy stress-reduction measures other than smoking. These include yoga, meditation and similar other anti-stress techniques.
- Finally, when the cravings for nicotine hit you during your anti-smoking regimen, you can go for a sugarless mint gum or a mouthwash strip that dissolves instantly inside your mouth. Avoid taking fat and carbohydrate-laden foods to compensate for your nicotine cravings.
Well if you follow the above instructions you will definitely be a winner in your battle against the Butt. No harm in at least giving it an honest try! Happy Quitting!